Town Hall Meeting on Education
July 11, 2019 @ 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
The Town meeting will be an opportunity for stakeholders and members of the community to begin to share ideas of a 21st Century, quality public school education in general, and St. Croix in particular. The moderator is Dr. Lauren Larsen.
- Mr. Kurt Vialet, Senator of 33th Legislature of the Virgin Islands.
- Mr. Carlos McGregor, St. Croix Superintendent of Schools.
- Mr. Ryan Nelthropp, St. Croix Chamber of Commerce President.
- Ms. Mikenzi Glover, UVI Student Association President.
- Mrs. Yvette Browne, USVI-PTSA President.
Each panelist will have ten (10) minutes to explain his/her idea of 21st Century public school education for St. Croix in particular. Then the audience will be invited to participate with questions/recommendations.
Facebook live stream is being arranged, and the activity will be videoed for Government Access TV. A summary of the ideas will be shared with the Governor, the President of the 33rd Legislature, the Commissioner of Education and the V.I. Board of Education.
VI Board of Education