The St. Croix Government Retirees, Inc. (SCGR) has an initiative scheduled to be on the November election ballot and are asking for the St Croix Chamber of Commerce to testify in support at a legislative public hearing on October 16.This initiative seeks to amend Title 2, Chapter 6 of Virgin Islands Code entitled Apportionment of the Legislature to create the following districts:
- District of St. Croix St. East
- District of St. Croix West
- District of St. Thomas East
- District of St. Thomas West
- District of St. John.
The initiative also seeks to create the following at-large senators:
- 3 shall be residents of St. Croix
- 3 shall be residents of St. Thomas.
The Chamber has not taken an official position on this ballot initiative but believes it’s a critical issue to be familiar with.
Chamber Members were sent a survey via email today requesting feedback on the ballot initiative.
Want to add your voice? Join the Chamber today!