At a press conference on Tuesday January 15th, Governor Albert A. Byran, Jr. announced his current list of Cabinet Nominees. The St Croix Chamber is proud to congratulate Board Member Joel Lee, C.P.A. for being nominated as Director of the Internal Revenue Bureau.
Joel Lee, CPA is a native Crucian who graduated from St. Dunstan’s School and upon graduation went to Bucknell University in Pennsylvania.
After acquiring a degree in accounting he moved to the nation’s capital, Washington DC, and started his career. There he worked as a CPA for various industries with a focus in the real estate market to include commercial and residential developments.
In 2011 he decided to return to , St. Croix, and went to work for the Internal Revenue Bureau (IRB), he has since opened up his own CPA firm, Joel Lee, CPA PC where he serves the public with their accounting and tax needs. To stay close to his passion for real estate he also acquired his Real Estate license and is an agent for Blue Sky Real Estate.
Commissioner Department of Tourism: Joseph Boschulte, previous director of WICO
Commissioner Department of Finance: Kirk Callwood, previous COO at International Capitol Management and VIYA.
Commissioner Department of Health: Justa Encarnacion, former VP of Juan F Luis Hospital.
Commissioner Department of Labor: Gary Malloy, former superintendent of St. Croix schools.
Commissioner Department of Planning and Natural Resources: J.P Oriole, past Coastal Zone Management and DPNR commissioner.
Commissioner of Public Works: Nelson Petty, previously appointed Commissioner of Public Works by Mapp Administration.
Commissioner of Property and Procurement: Anthony Thomas, Chief of Staff Department of Education Department.
Adjutant General Virgin Islands National Guard: Col. Kodjo Knox Limbacker, Virgin Islander who served in the Pentagon before returning to St. Croix.
Director Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV): Barbara McIntosh, a former Highway Safety administrator.
Director of Veterans’ Affairs: Patrick Farrell, previously appointed Director of VA by Mapp Administration.
Director Virgin Islands Energy Office: Kyle Fleming, Operations Manager Pro Solar.
Governor Bryan stated that he will announce the full roster of cabinet nominees within 90 days of his inauguration. A deadline he has set for himself.
Cabinet Nominees must be voted on by the 33rd Legislature to make official their position.
The Governor’s Senior Staff previously announced are as follows:
- Chief of Staff Karl Knight, former director of the Virgin Islands Energy Office and a public policy advisor with experience advising the legislative and executive branches on energy and other policy matters. He is a graduate of Morgan State University.
- Deputy Chief of Staff Kevin Rodriquez, human resources veterans with over 24 years of executive experience and was the former Director of Personnel under the Turnbull/Richards administration and Director of Applicant Services for the State of Tennessee Human Resources Department. Rodriquez attended Jones College and Temple University.
- St Croix Administrator Former Senator Sammuel Sanes
- St. Thomas and Water Island Avery Lewis
- Chief Legal Counsel to the Governor David A. Bornn, over 35 years experience practicing in the fields of corporate and business matters, real estate transactions, wills, trusts, probate, and government relations.
- Government House Communications Director Richard Motta, previous District Press Secretary to Delegate to Congress Stacey Plaskett. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from the University of the Virgin Islands, is a graduate of the St. Croix Central High School and a veteran of the United States Air Force.